The Tuleyries

Boyce, Virginia | 406 acres | $5,000,000 Get Directions
For more information please contact John Coles (540) 270-0094

The Tuleyries, c.1833, is one of Virginia’s very finest and grandest Federal Style Mansions.

Built by Col. Joseph Tuley, Jr. between 1830-1834 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it features a two story, columned portico, domed ceiling in the front hall, sweeping curved staircase, high ceilings, grand-scale rooms and exquisite moldings and woodwork. Joseph Tuley chose a name that was a play on his own name and the Parisian Royal Palace, the Tuileries, once again to emphasize the grandness of this house. Surrounding the home was a true working farm and the property still offers many of the original outbuildings, including the forge, stable, smokehouse, dairy, seed house, and ice house, many built of brick with stepped gable-end walls. An intricate gate opens into the charming boxwood garden. In the early 20th century, a carriage house was added. Throughout its history, beginning with Joseph Tuley and his wife Mary Edelen Tuley, The Tuleyries has been the backdrop to grand parties and gatherings hosting many notable names in the political, art and horse worlds.

The Tuleyries has only been owned by two extended families, the Tuley-Boyce Family and the Blandy-Wilson family. After Tuley’s death in 1860 and the end of the Civil War, The Tuleyries was sold to Mrs. Upton Boyce, daughter of Col. Tuley’s sister, Sarah Tuley Wright. In 1903, a year after Mrs. Boyce’s death, The Tuleyries was sold to Graham Blandy, a New York financier and Andrew Carnegie’s nephew by marriage. Mr. Blandy restored the estate to its original glory and acquired 700 additional acres. Mr. Blandy married Georgette Haven Borland of New York in 1908. Having a deep appreciation of horticulture, Blandy upon his death in 1926, left 712 acres of the estate to the University of Virginia, which is now UVA’s Blandy Experimental Farm and the Virginia State Arboretum; the remaining 210 acres and the Manor House were left to his wife. Following Georgette’s death in 1939, the property subsequently passed to her sister, Alice Borland Wilson and then in 1987 to Alice’s son, Orme Wilson, Jr., who during the 1960s added Westfield Farm – 200 contiguous acres just west of the Tuleyries – for his thoroughbred breeding and racing business. From the late 1980’s to early 1990’s, The Tuleyries underwent a major renovation, including new wiring, plumbing and heating.  The house has been beautifully maintained and more renovations continue today as a new 400 amp service and central air conditioning is being installed.

The 406 Acre Estate is in 3 Parcels and offers Easement Potential


136 Tuleyries Lane

Boyce, VA 22620

Tax ID 29-A-35 / 168.18 Acres

Recorded access easement from

John Mosby Highway

The Mansion and many of the dependencies are listed on The National Register of Historic Places.

Manager’s House, Tenant House fronting on Rt. 50, numerous historic structures (Garage, Seed House, Ice House, Workshop, Carriage House, Livestock Building, Smokehouse, Stable, Forge) Boxwood garden

Potential for 5 DURs


970 Westfield Farm Lane

White Post, VA 22663

Tax ID 28-A-25 / 168.66 Acres

3-Bedroom Residence built in 1969, 12 Stall Stable with completely renovated 3-bedroom apartment, 8 run-in sheds, 2 barns,

machine shed, hay shed


Agricultural-Open Space-Conservation

Potential for 5 DURs

Lot 35 B

John Mosby Highway

White Post, VA 22663

Tax ID 29-A-35B / 69.17 Acres

Vacant Land

– Residential

– Agricultural-Open Space-Conservation

Potential for 4 DURs

The Tuleyries

Boyce, Virginia | 406 acres | $5,000,000 Get Directions
For more information please contact John Coles
Offer subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change of price or withdrawal without notice.
Information contained herein is deemed reliable but is not so warranted nor is it otherwise guaranteed.